If there was a Rolls Royce of dog leads, this would be it. The Convertible DogVenture Lead has a floating set of rings that allow you to clip to any point along the lead. Wear it across your chest while you belay your partner up that 5.12c. Or walk hands free while you sip your Pumpkin Spice latte on a morning stroll. You can also loop it around a tree so your dog doesn’t run off to say hi to the other climbers at the crag. (Note that no dog should ever be left unattended secured to a tree. Or secured to anything, really. Dogs get lonely.) To see the lead in action, check out our blog post.
With the floating rings, the possibilities are endless. Just like your adventures with your dog.
- Offered in a ⅝” width, which is the perfect width for a good feel
- 7 foot length but if you want it longer, see “Upgrades” section
- Configurable in many different ways (see photo)
- Rust-proof hardware
- Includes metal loop by human side of leash for clipping keys or poop bag holder
- Opt for a climbing-rated carabiner or a traffic handle in the “Upgrades” section
- Break strength of 500lb
- Custom designed: select your leash color and hardware color
- Lifetime metal hardware warranty
We get it. Not every dog has to be tethered to their human. For those lucky dogs that can go leashless, we salute you. For the rest of the furry legged friends, DogVenture Gear leads are for you.
Let's face it, your dog is going to do tons of fun (and sometimes dumb) things like run the trails, tear off through the woods, splash through ponds, and roll around in stink. In our gear, we can promise they are going to look drop dead gorgeous every step of the way. And, with top-notch materials and workmanship, we guarantee no embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions. We only use rust-proof hardware (and guarantee it for life) and BioThane ® coated webbing because its:
- Waterproof and stink proof (yes, that's a thing and you need it!)
- Abrasion resistant
- Lightweight and strong
- Flexible and durable
- Easy to clean
- Leather-like (vegan)
I gave this item as a gift so I can't attest to its ruggedness, but I can say it's beautiful and I was very impressed by the feel of the materials and how snappy the red color looks with the matte black. I want one for myself now!